Starving for a good hack and slash action RPG? Arcuz 2: Dungeons is just the thing for you! A greedy little man made a pact with a demon to release him in exchange for immortality. Now, evil is seeping out of the dungeon like there’s no tomorrow, and the villagers who live above are in danger. Grabbing a few weapons and a potion or two, it’s your job to head down those stairs and clear each floor of the dungeon out one by one!
The team at Funnaut has created yet another great-looking Flash RPG, following Arm of Revenge and the original Arcuz. Use our guide below for helpful tips and tricks as well as a walkthrough for the first portion of the game!
Arcuz 2 Tips & Tricks
- As with every role playing game, keep this in mind: talk to everyone! Villagers will often have information, quests, or items to give you, and it never hurts to chat with them to see what’s up.
- Be well-prepared for each battle. Have plenty of potions in your inventory with a few stashed in your quick-access slots. Entering the menu screen doesn’t pause the game, so you’re vulnerable while looking at your inventory.
- Save using the portal in town or from the menu screen. Do this as often as you can, you never know when you’ll kick it!
- During combat, practice the quick-hit, quick withdraw method. Dart in, smack the enemies a few times, then step back and wait for their attack. Only go for the damage when you see an opening.
- The more enemies you defeat, the more levels you gain. Arcuz 2 is a game of grinding, meaning you’ll have to spend some time doing nothing but defeating enemies in order to progress safely.
- Focus skill points on one or two areas while spreading a few points to other attributes so they don’t fall behind. Strength is never a bad place to have high numbers!
- Don’t like where you assigned a skill point? Close the window instead of clicking “accept”. You can re-enter afterwards with the point unspent.
- It’s usually best to avoid flying enemies until you have the skills to deal with them properly.
- Hit pots and barrels with your weapon to open them. Be careful of darker colored barrels, though, as they’ll explode!
- The well in the village often has treasures. Tap the spacebar rapidly to pull it from the depths!
- The premium shop in the menu screen has a selection of great items and game upgrades you can purchase in exchange for Mochi Coins. If you sign in using a Mochi or Facebook account, you’ll even get two items for free!
- The default controls split movement and attacks to both sides of the keyboard. If you like, you can customize the layout in the options menu.
Arcuz 2 Walkthrough
After the first chapter, how the game unfolds is mostly up to you, as there are several optional quests you can undertake. Here’s a quick-start guide that will help you get through the first few missions of the game. After that, you’re on your own to create your custom adventure experience!
Equip Items – A simple start, head to the blacksmith and pick up a cap, shield, and any of the three weapons you prefer. Drop them in your inventory, then head back to mayor Wayne.
Spider Hunt – Combat! Susan opens a portal nearby, all you have to do is walk to it to transport to the forest. Three spiders attack, but they’re easy to defeat. Press J to swing your weapon and dispose of them quickly. Pick up any gold they drop, then head to the portal again and talk to Paul.
Spider Slayer – Talk to Paul again and repeat your quest from above, only this time there are more spiders to defeat! Susan will sell you potions beforehand, just in case you need them.
Frosty Combination – Infusing items with magic is a big part of Arcuz 2, and this will be your introduction. Pick up the three required ingredients and drop them on the alchemy boxes to the left. Add your weapon and start the infusion!
Candy for Crystal – Anna needs a crystal, but all she’s got is a piece of candy! Talk to Chung (directly below Anna) to make the trade.
Antivenom – Back to the forest via portal, but this time, it’s a mini-adventure! Move through the different screens in the forest and kill every spider you see. Grab venom vials from the chests they sometimes leave behind. When you’re through, head back and talk to Susan.
Finishing up – Talk to Wayne. He’ll tell you how to enter the poison dungeon as well as hint that Kimura wants to join your quest. Talk to Kimura, then your adventure begins!