From Bad Viking, the team behind Animal Raceway and The Legend of the Golden Robot, comes an online multiplayer turn-based war game Bad Eggs Online! If you remember the old Worms games, you’ll have a good idea what to expect from Bad Eggs Online. Team up with some friends/strangers as you choose from an impressive arsenal of weapons. Then, head to the fully-destructible battlefield as you take turns pelting the other team with firepower. Play offensively, play defensively, unleash massive attacks or teleport around the arena. How you play is up to you, just so long as you play to win!
Read on for our Bad Eggs Online strategy guide, complete with tips and tricks to keep your bad eggs on top of the game!
Bad Eggs Online Basics
There’s a lot to manage in this complex game, but all of the options you need are neatly tucked away in menu items and keyboard shortcuts, so no worries! Use the mouse to aim and select the power of your shot, or use the arrow keys to do the same. A and D allow you to move your egg, and the spacebar fires your selected weapon.
Games come in two basic types: free-for-all, and team-based. With teams, you and your pals will take turns trying to destroy the other players. In free-for-all, it’s every egg for itself! Pro users can choose a number of extra options, such as grenade-only rounds or double the health.
If you register, you’ll earn experience points and gain reputation, both of which allow you to play game with more serious and experienced players (i.e. not just random guests). You can also track your stats and unlock items in the shop that will make you even more dangerous!
Bad Eggs Online Strategies
- Trapping your opponents is just as good of a strategy as any. Use “digging” weapons like bazookas and grenades to cut a hole in the ground near your opponents. They won’t be able to get out without wasting turns carving space out with their own firearms, possibly damaging themselves in the process.
- Taking cover can be smart. With a ceiling over your head, you’re shielded from most weapons. You’ll have a tough time getting at your enemy, but in a pinch, it works to keep you in the game.
- Try to trap multiple enemies into small pits, allowing you and your team to easily drop bombs into the little “bucket”.
- Hitting your teammates won’t injure them, it just injures you. Try not to hit anyone whose name is the same color as yours!
- Position is just as important as what weapons you use. Don’t stand close to your teammates, as that makes an easy target. Separate yourself to force your enemy to choose.
- If an enemy is weak, pick on him first. The fewer people shooting at you the better.
- Try to lodge grenades in small gaps behind other eggs. It’s a great way to ensure maximum damage.
Bad Eggs Online Weapons
Cluster Grenade – Basic and highly effective, lobbing a grenade will clear out parts of the ground as well as damage any eggs in the vicinity, including yourself.
Bow – A simple shot that can travel straight or be shot over hills in an arc. Doesn’t hurt the scenery, but still highly effective.
Rifle – Sometimes, a straight shot is all it takes to get rid of a bad egg.
Egg Seeking Missile – Fire a missile that heads out, waits 1.5 seconds, then homes in on any eggs in the area. Including you! Make sure it gets far away before the seeking power is activated. Missiles also damage the terrain a bit.
Air Strike – No time to mess around with precise aiming? Call in an air strike by tossing out a flare, and a bomb will drop from the sky, damaging everything and every one in the vicinity.
Splurge Gun – A straight shot to cover your foe with sticky goo, dealing a good bit of damage in the process.
Roman Candle – It fires like a missile, but when it hits, a group of small missiles sprouts, floats up, and immediately crashes down, dealing lots of damage and forming terrain in the process.
Teleport – In a bad spot? Place the teleporter marker and fire to instantly travel from one place to another.
Fury – An angry egg does an extra 50% damage the next two turns.
Grenade – A bigger, timed version of the cluster grenade.
Throwing Knife – Combat wouldn’t be the same without throwing the pointy bits of things at opposing eggs!
Frying Pan – Sometimes it’s too dangerous to use heavy weapons, especially when you’re right next to someone. Swing this short range weapon when you’re close to show them who’s boss!
Shotgun – A straight shot of several bullets that lose accuracy as distance increases. Keep it close to do some real damage.
Bazooka – One of your most-used weapons, the bazooka acts like a more focused grenade, firing how you see fit and dealing large amounts of damage to both the terrain and other eggs.
Mortar – It starts out as one big weapon, and a few moments after launch, it splits into three. Great for covering a larger area.
Bouncer – Very bouncy grenades that only explode after they ricochet five times. Good for reaching into odd areas of the map.
Repeater – Fire five missiles in quick succession, striking accurately and digging into the terrain with finesse.
Shield – Cuts off half the damage you would receive for two turns.
Mass Teleport – Move everyone to random locations. Great for shaking things up if you’re in a bad spot or your opponent is in a good one!