Aah, the good old fashioned “see how far you can jump” arcade game! We recently featured a list of some of the best launching games on the ‘net, and with the release of Bobby Nutcase Motojumping, we’re seriously considering adding this one to the list. It’s got excitement, it’s got action, it’s got flaming rings to jump through, and it’s got a nice upgrades shop. What more could you want, apart from bear vs. shark melee fights?
Bobby Nutcase isn’t the most impressive guy in town. In fact, the girl of his dreams is decidedly unimpressed with him. Bobby decides he needs to break out the big guns in order to win her heart, so he fires up the old motorcycle and leaps across cars the old fashioned way. He’s going to need two things to make this possible: cash, and fuel. Fortunately for him, both are easily obtainable by leaping through the streets of the city.
The basics of the game are pretty simple: keep making jumps across the crowded streets, collecting fuel to stay moving and money to purchase upgrades. You’ll also want to do things to increase your awesomeness meter, but that takes a distant third seat to gas and cash. After taking off from the wooden ramp, influence Bobby’s trajectory by using some of his special moves. When he inevitably hits the ground, purchase power-ups and bike upgrades in the shop to ensure his next jump lasts longer than the previous. Remember: touching the ground is bad, so keep moving upwards and forwards at all costs!
Items & Obstacles
Bobby’s not alone in his quest. In addition to floating power-ups, he can also use the city’s various vehicles to gain both height and distance.
Money bags – Provide you with a bit of extra cash. One question: who gave these things wings?!
Gas cans – Refills a bit of your fuel tank. Each special move consumes one unit, and gas cans refill only a portion of the tank.
Flame rings – Fly through them for a nice cash bonus.
Blue cars – Fodder for your landing, hitting these vehicles will slow your momentum and lower your bounces. You gain a bit of gas and money for each one you hit, though, so all is not lost. Hitting a car is always better than hitting the street. At least, in this game it is!
Helium truck – Hit these helpful vehicles to grab three rockets. Click while airborne to gain some extra height.
Cement truck – Encases you in cement that immediately hardens and ends your flight. Bummer. If you’re lucky, you can bounce free, but don’t count on it!
Mattress trucks – Nice and bouncy, these trucks give you a good boost back into the air.
Police cars – Provide a small height boost when hit. If you don’t have much momentum, however, your ride will end behind bars!
Bike Slam – Click the mouse when airborne to slam downwards with a fiery rage. The more cars you hit, the more points you nab and the more upwards/forwards momentum you gain. Keep in mind, though, that the bike slam drains your fuel reserves. Useful if you’re about to hit a cement truck or police vehicle.
Flips – To gain fuel, hold the spacebar while in the air. You’ll turn a quick flip and earn some extra gas. Be sure you don’t touch the ground while flipping, though.
Superman – Press Z to shoot through the fire rings and gain a bit of extra awesomeness. Also useful for increasing forwards momentum.
Juggler – Press X while in the air to score some extra awesomeness by juggling a few balls.
Tips & Tricks
- Upgrade your fuel tank as soon as possible. It allows you to use slams and superman moves more frequently and is the best way to gain distance.
- After the fuel tank, focus equally on the other three power-ups. Always buy something if you can afford it, as every little bit helps!
- There’s no reason to reserve fuel, as Bobby is almost always collecting it. If you can use a slam or superman move, you probably should!
- Don’t count on mattress and helium cars to save you.
- Flips should only be used when you are very far away from the ground. One slip-up and your ride is through.
- The power-ups that increase mattress and helium truck frequency are useful, but don’t break the bank purchasing them unless you’ve got cash to burn.
- The bike slam is an excellent way to gain height as well as forward momentum. It many cases, it’s more useful than the superman move!
- The bike slam also affords you more momentum if you use it higher up. Don’t activate it unless you know what’s below you, however.
- Use the superman move right when you leave the ramp for a bit of a distance boost.
- When you grab rockets from the helium truck, use them immediately, as they vanish after a short period of time.