Oh, amnesia! Most dramatic of the Flash gaming diseases! As a young survivor, you suddenly realize you’re walking on a tropical island filled with sand, trees and stones. You realize it’s best to keep moving, and so you do, beginning the surprisingly epic journey that is Castaway 2. Gather items and craft them into more useful tools. Fight off beetles, snakes, and stranger foes as you investigate the strange things in this not-so-empty world. Even though you’re destined to be here (according to a talking statue), you don’t know what’s going on, so use our guide to get a good start in this action RPG!
- Use the arrow keys to move or, alternately, the W, A, S, D keys. Spacebar allows you to attack, interact with things, and pick up items. For everything else, use the mouse.
- Pets are extraordinarily useful creatures who can help you throughout the game. Use the arrows just below your pet’s picture to control how aggressively it attacks nearby enemies. Calmer pets won’t attack as often, but they won’t take as much damage, either.
- It’s best to pick up everything you see, as you never know when you’ll use it! Kill every enemy you encounter, and when you see a white dot on the mini-map, head over there and pick up the fallen items.
- Watch your health! If your hit points drop to zero, you’ll die, losing any progress you gained since the last save point.
- Leave auto-save on in the settings menu at the bottom of the screen. It saves your game every time you step through a green gate, keeping you safe even if you happen to perish.
- Set items to the quick bar by clicking on them in your inventory.
- Monster eggs can be found and hatched at stables. You can check on their progress from the menu bar at the bottom at any time.
- Crafting is your key to making better, stronger, more useful items. See the guide below for more recipes on how to craft.
- Head north and step up to the bushes.
- You need something to cut the bushes with. Circle around to the right, towards the white dot, and pick up the stick.
- Return to the bushes and mow them down with the spacebar.
- Head east a few screens and you’ll encounter a talking statue.
- Accept all three quests from the statue. You need to complete the pink ones, while the other one is optional.
- First on the list: craft a shank. You’ll need an animal hide and iron ore to make this. Break the silver pile of rubble just above the statue to obtain the ore. Kill animals around the area if you don’t have a hide yet.
- Next, it’s time to build a shield. Collect three animal hides and three shells and craft them together.
- Return to the statue and turn in the quests. She will give you a new mission: kill Big Blue the Meenie, obtain the Blood of Crius, and use it to open the Gate of Crius.
- Follow the path east and then north to find the big beetle.
- Kill the meenie and grab the loot, then return to the statue.
- Turn the quests in for some items, then head east again to reach the gate.
- Once the Gate of Crius is open, your world suddenly becomes a lot bigger! Enjoy exploring Castaway 2!
Weapon Crafting Recipes
Apprentice Wand – stick plus sapphire shard
Dartanian Sword – piercer plus emerald globe
Imp Branch – apprentice wand plus gaea seed
Nail Bat – iron ingot plus timber wood
Shank – iron plus hide
Titan Scimitar – scimitar plus sapphire globe
Trusty Dagger – rusty dagger plus alkahest
Vindicator Club – nail bat plus iron globe
Wooden Sword – three woods plus iron ore
Armor and Shield Crafting Recipes
Beetle Shield – three animal hides plus three animal shells
Blast Shield – iron globe plus warrior’s shield
Golem Armor – leather armor plus golem talisman
Plate Chest Armor – plate plus leather chest armor
Plate Helmet – leather helmet plus plate
Round Shield – wooden shield plus iron ingot
Warrior’s Shield – knight’s memento plus round shield
Item Crafting Recipes
Small Healing Potion – three healing herbs plus empty bottle
Medium Healing Potion – six healing herbs plus empty bottle
Large Healing Potion – twelve healing herbs plus empty bottle
Small Mana Potion – three mana herbs plus empty bottle
Medium Mana Potion – six mana herbs plus empty bottle
Large Mana Potion – twelve mana herbs plus empty bottle
Small Berry Potion – three teras berries plus empty bottle
Medium Berry Potion – six teras berries plus empty bottle
Large Berry Potion – twelve teras berries plus empty bottle