Cuboy is back, and from the looks of it, he’s in trouble! Cuboy: Hot Pants puts you in control of the cubular hero as he runs down a mountain to escape the liquid hot magma. Along the way, he finds certain outfits that make the trek a bit more bearable. But still, there’s lava back there, so, you know, keep moving!
Cuboy: Hot Pants is all about making decisive moves in mere fractions of a second. To ease this along, you’re limited to three moves during the entire game: jump down, jump down and to the left, jump down and to the right. No backsies, just downward progress with each move, and you’d better hope your choice was a good one!
Lava likes to pool in one of the three isometric blocks you can land on, so you must press the left arrow, right arrow, or down arrow key to leap to a free square. If you do happen to catch fire, tap the up arrow to douse yourself with water. Assuming you have some water in store, that is. Puddles of the cool stuff can be found during your journey, so keep an eye out for them!
Staying alive and making it as far down the mountain are your goal in Cuboy: Hot Pants. You also have the task of finding awesome new outfits to wear. Lederhosen, anyone? Find these packages strewn about the rocks, but don’t stop to admire your new duds. There’s that whole advancing lava problem, remember?
Cuboy: Hot Pants Tips and Tricks
- The lava never stops, and neither should you. Keep your eyes a few squares down and hop like… well, like you’re being chased by lava.
- Each square you can jump to can be accessed regardless of your previous position. So, even if you’re on the far right, pressing the left arrow key will send you down one level and to the left.
- The trick to mastering Cuboy is, honestly, to zone out. Teach yourself that left means down-left, right means down-right. Avoid defaulting to “down goes down”, as that will get you in trouble faster than closing your eyes and randomly pressing the keys.
- There will be a few stretches with little to no lava in your path. Dash down these areas as quickly as you can.
- Always land on water pools if you can.
- Don’t be fooled by forming puddles of lava. In general, if anything even remotely orange is in your way, don’t step on it.
- If you missed an outfit package, don’t pause to grieve. Keep moving and remember what depth you were at. Next time around, it will still be there.
- Don’t rely on your self-dousing ability too much. You won’t have time to mind the liquid gauge at the top of the screen, so if you get burned, tap the up arrow and hope you’ve got reserves.
- Sometimes, a few of the landing blocks will be missing. Don’t let this trip you up, just keep moving!
- Often, you’ll need to time your jumps to land on hot blocks that slowly fade in and out of a lava state. Don’t spend too much time working out your moves, just hit one and keep going.