An arcade game that’s all about climbing higher and higher, Fling a Thing challenges you to collect bubbles while flinging strange creatures around with the click of a mouse. It’s an unusual set-up, of course, but the wackiest ideas are often the best! Check out our Fling a Thing strategy guide to get the best tips and tricks on how to unlock everything in this charming game!
Fling a Thing General Strategies
Fling a Thing is an arcade game where you grab, drag, and fling little creatures called suckies up through a series of levels to collect bubbles. Grab all of the bubbles on the screen, then move on to the next, more difficult stage. You have a limited number of flings to use, and you only gain two new throws per stage, so conserve your moves and think before you fling!
Power-ups also help you out in this game, and they range from adding flings to your counter to helping you collect bubbles. When you run out of throws, you’ll be sent to the main menu where you have the option of buying items using stars you collected while playing. Don’t have enough to purchase anything cool? Keep playing! Star counts are cumulative, so every time you play, you gain more and more, giving you plenty of incentive to come back and fling some more suckies!
Fling a Thing Tips & Tricks
- You’re not timed in Fling a Thing, so there’s no harm in waiting for a good moment before flinging your suckie around the screen!
- Power-ups are quite useful, but don’t waste a good fling just to get them. Often, they are only good for a few moments, so if the fling won’t be fruitful without the power-up, it’s best to wait.
- If you see a +1 leaf, get it, at all costs. Even if you only collect a single bubble with that throw, it’s essentially a free fling, so you’re not losing anything for trying.
- +1 leaves disappear after flying by, so don’t wait too long before going after them.
- During the climbing portions of the game, you aren’t penalized for using jumps. In other words, hop around all you like, collecting the +1 leaves that float by. If you fall, you simply move back to a floor below.
- If your browser has a zoom feature, use it to get a closer view of the on-screen action.
Fling a Thing Power-Ups
+1 icons – These fluttering little things give you an additional shot. They tend to fly away quickly, so if you see one, grab it!
Magnet – Grab it to attract nearby bubbles for the rest of the current jump.
Eggs – Full of babies that shower out and collect eggs for you.
Bubblegum – Allows you to bounce a few times, keeping you moving around the screen instead of resetting for another shot.
Star – Collect them to buy new characters and unlock new worlds to play!
Fling a Thing Star Store Purchases
Using stars you’ve saved up during play or by purchasing Mochi Coins, you can add some new elements to Fling a Thing that will alter the gameplay or just give you an easier time collecting bubbles!
Extra Life – Buy the expensive +1 leaf to start the game with an additional fling.
Magnet Extension – Makes the magnet power-up 10% more effective, reaching out and grabbing bubbles a bit further away.
Bubble Bounciness – Bounce 20% higher when you grab the bubble power-up!
Big Egg – Increases the babies inside of each egg by one. More bubble gathering power!
New Suckies – New suckies put a little twist on the gameplay and offer a nice visual change from tossing around poor old Flutter!
New Stages – Tired of the forest backdrop? Try some new backgrounds on for size! Different levels and layouts give Fling a Thing a different sort of challenge.