Papa’s Burgeria is the fantastic follow-up to Flipline Studios’ Papa’s Pizzeria, moving the food-based time management action away from pizza and on to delicious burgers. If you’re ready to take the plunge, we’ve got some tips to help you master this surprisingly thoughtful game, pushing you from a lowly burger builder all the way to a master chef!
Papa’s Burgeria is a time management game with a healthy dose of simulation elements. It encourages both smart decisions as well as fast reflexes, and in order to make it through to the end, you’ll need to hone both skills to a sharp point.
The game takes place across three areas: the ordering station, the grill, and the building station. The first area is the store front and hosts customers who walk in the door. When a person arrives, you’ll need to take his or her order, writing everything down on a ticket you can then place on a line above.
Order in hand, it’s time to head back to the grill. All burgers need a delicious slice of meat (or two, or three), and all you have to do is drag the patties on to the grill to get things started. Burgers must be cooked to a certain temperature, as indicated by the circular gauge on each ticket, so you must pull the patties off the grill before they burn. You also have to cook burgers evenly on both sides. Hover the cursor over each patty to see how cooked each side is and how much more time it needs before it’s ready to go.
Cooked burgers ready, head to the building station. Here, you have an organized tower of condiments along with a few bottles containing ketchup, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, and the like. Place each ingredient on the burger in the correct order, making sure to keep the items in a tidy column. Once you’re finished, attach the receipt and deliver the food to the customer!
Customers tip based on speed as well as accuracy, so you’ll need to find a healthy balance of both in order to succeed. You receive a score for each section listed above, and the tip money you get goes towards buying upgrades for your little store. And you’ll need them once things start to get busy!
- Always keep your tickets organized on the line. The lower the number, the higher priority you need to assign that order.
- As you play the game, new customers will begin to enter your store. Learn their ordering habits so you can prepare the grill ahead of time.
- See the stars below customers as they judge your creation? Each successful order fills one of the stars, and when you reach Star Customer status, you’ll get a hefty tip.
- When taking and delivering orders, you can’t switch to the grill or building station. Use this time to organize tickets on the line at the top of the screen.
- Is your “waiting” score too high? The upgrades shop is filled with inexpensive items that helps keep customers content. Spend some tip money early in the game to keep everyone happy!
- Before dealing with customers, always check the grill. A burned burger can’t be un-burned, so keep a close eye on this section to prevent any mistakes.
- Seriously, check the grill every chance you get!
On the Grill
The grill is the most time-consuming part of Papa’s Burgeria, and the actions you take here will make or break your orders. Check the grill before doing any big actions, such as taking or completing an order, as one mistake and your burgers are charcoal!
- Burgers can be prepped ahead of time. As soon as the day begins, toss a few on the grill to get them sizzling.
- Buy the warming light in the shop to keep prepped burgers warm longer. This cuts down on mistakes at the grill and frees you to focus on building tidy burgers.
- You aren’t penalized for burned items on the grill, but you will have to start over with a fresh patty.
- Keep two or three burgers on the grill, flipping them when necessary. This will help you serve customers faster.
- In a pinch, flip burgers early and serve them when they are just barely within the proper cooking range. It’s more important to have an evenly cooked burger than one that hits the exact center of the temperature.
Precision is the name of the game in the build station. Customers judge your creation based on a few factors, including getting ingredients in the proper order and placing them neatly in a column. You should move quickly in the other stations to give yourself extra time here!
- Burgers always start with a bun on the bottom. Keep an empty but sitting at the ready in the build station to save you a bit of time.
- Orders with several ingredients that need to be placed before the burger are your ticket to a high score. Assemble everything up to the meat while managing the grill.
- Most condiments can be removed once placed, but items like mustard, ketchup and mayo cannot. Be sure the bottles are properly lined up and in the right order before giving them a squeeze!
- Before sending your order on the way, check the grill to make sure you aren’t burning any items.
There are around two dozen items to purchase in the upgrades store, each costing a hefty sum you can only pay for using tip money. Most upgrades improve your waiting score, which is tough to keep high, but later on, some of the more expensive upgrades will give you a hand managing a busy burgeria!
- Carefully monitor your waiting score and buy upgrades to improve it when it begins to dip below 90%. Don’t go too crazy, as you’ll need to save your cash for the bigger purchases.
- Grab the doorbell to receive an alert when customers enter, no matter which part of the burgeria you’re in. This is another great way to cut down on your waiting score.
- Burger timers are expensive, but they really help improve your grill score. Save up and buy the medium timer first, it’ll come in handy!